I wish all days were free days.
I still find it hard to believe I actually live in the city centre of Amsterdam.
It's so cool. I live in a shoe box, but it's MY shoe box, you dig?!
Usually, on the very last day of the year I do a recap of the Highs&Lows.
Something I started all the way back in 1998 when I was bored on a lazy afternoon, lol.
Since I cannot break this tradition now that I am old, it is time to make up my H&L list of 2009....
Only, back then it was quite easy to sum up a whole year. Nowadays, i find it hard to remember what happened this year, just because it was so much! Starting the year with a beginning romance with AV that fizzled out as rapidly as it began...The travelling was fierce early this year: Milan, Tunis, Ploiesti... And then... all quiet on the work travel front. So I did some travelling myself, to Lille, Antwerp, Paris, Ibiza... And pooh what else? Oh yeah, came summer time was all about finding a place to live in Amsterdam (thank you my dearest friend I for making it happen, LOVE YOU SO MUCH GIRL!! BLESS YOOOOOUUUU!!) which meant friend I and I went into all the nice neighbourhoods to see all the wonderful dumps that were available for extortionate amounts of money (crisis, schmisis) After summer the work travel picked up again... I had another shortlived fling with a gorgeous, soft mannered and kind German boy (when it ended, I was very sorry for that. Man I liked that boy so much!!!!! He was like totally Hugh Dancy meets Safin *sigh*) And I did not even mention all the lovely nights out; the fab trip to London for work and my primark shopping fun and all the laughs I shared.
High's
1. Moving to Amsterdam. i'm like Carrie Bradshaw, loving & dating her city lol.
2. Making wonderful new friends: L!!!!!! Love you girl! Briiiii!! Smart, sassy ladies that I am very thankful and honored to call my friends
3. what the heck: my blonde hair :) After years of wanting to go blondish... I finally did it!
4. My city trip to Paris with my darling sister... I love spending q-time with my bestest girl in the world!! She's the best sister anyone has ever had, ever. No really.
5. xrds... always a high
6. Sis feeling better; coming back stronger; trendier (liking the new look hunny) and better than ever. 2010 will be YOUR year sweetie
Low's
Always tricky to remember the icky.
1. Friend F going away to live in Ozzie for a year last June, buhu
2. Very good Friend S leaving me tooooo, for 4 months to be with her boyf in NZ.
3. Living in N, was no fun any more.... def a low for me
4. The stress of moving was horrible
5. B = no fun any more
6. Fighting with my mom @ Ibiza
7. The horrible weather @ Ibiza hahahaha
8. Love life is not getting a good grade this year. (Sorry A & F.)
9. Seeing my sis suffer was heartbreaking
Now, don't be fooled by the longer icky list than the good list. You see, the good points much outway the bad ones. But I am happy this year is almost over. Am curious about tonight, am spending it with fierce friend AB, but don't know her friends... so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully a fierce new beginning! Who knows what 2010 has to offer.....?
No comments:
Post a Comment